Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Camella Ehlke at I Heart Last Night!

Wow!

I took a break from fashion week preparations last night to check out Ladies Lotto at I Heart, where Camella Ehlke, the founder of Triple 5 Soul, was speaking to a group of female movers n' shakers about everything from the story behind the brand to her life since leaving the fashion world.

As a female entrepreneur, its just so inspiring to know that there are people out there who went through the struggle and were able to make there line into a career, a lifestyle and a defining part of NYC culture. Camella is now focusing her creative energy on fine art and her upstate B&B Breath Inn, which sounds like as peaceful a retreat as the city is hectic.

I was also super-impressed by the wide range of professionals that attended; they were from such diverse fields and everyone I talked to was really friendly and interesting.

I'll be posting pictures later, but many thanks to Natalie and the LL team for this awesome event!